Did You Do Your Best?
I tell this story in the video below. About an interview President Jimmy Carter had with Admiral Rickover…. the key question: “Did you do your best?”
I got it from “The Essence of Success” by Earl Nightingale.
Do Your Best in everything you do.
If you’re NOT doing your best – Why not?
Why even bother doing something half-a**?? That’s my question.
Are you doing all your can?
If you do just 2 % more or 2% better that can make THE difference.
What a tiny difference in effort can make…
- Water is hot at 211 degrees but boiling at 212 degrees.
- The margin of victory in the Men’s 800-meter Race in the 1984 Summer Olympic Games was only 0.71 seconds—less than one second!
- The average margin of victory in the Daytona 500 and the Indianapolis 500 (combined) over the last ten years has been 1.54 seconds. And the prize money for second place was less than half that of first place.
- The average margin of victory for the last 25 years in all major PGA golf tournaments combined was less than three strokes.
I got those ideas from this post by Michael Hyatt… as I Googled – what a small amount of effort can do.
He suggests 3 steps to make that small effort that might just be the difference between where you’re at and where you want to be:
- Choose one goal. Select the one that matters the most to you this year.
- Identify what’s at stake. Why is accomplishing this goal so important—to you?
- Write down 2-3 key actions. These are the ones that could propel you into the winner’s circle.
- Now execute! Stop planning. Stop stalling. Just get out there and do it.
Watch the video for that story about Jimmy Carter – maybe IT will make that small difference for you.
“Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” ~Thomas Edison
Brian Tracy ~ Never settle for anything less than your best.
Albert Einstein ~We have to do the best we can. This is our sacred human responsibility.
Share this with your kids…
Feel free to share….and comment.
Ginny ~ Uber Busy Home Business Mom Sharing And Marketing
PS… If you feel like you’ve lost you’re enthusiasm – take a new look at your goals and desires with 5 Steps to Manifesting Your Goals.
An Easy Way To Recruit People Into Your Business Online – Rejection FREE – Without Wasting Your Time & Money Chasing Dead Beat Prospects & Leads…”
Some other posts and articles you might like: